Oregano from Taygetus
On the pristine slopes of the Peloponnese, Daphnis & Chloe's organic farmers spend early mornings in the month of June handpicking this traditional variety of oregano. The bunches are then dried naturally and rubbed by hand, in order to maintain their robust and peppery taste for longer.
Oregano is a staple spice of Mediterranean cookery. From Greek salad to Italian pizza you’ll find innumerate recipes where to use it.
6 unknown benefits of GOOD oregano:
1) It makes Meat Healthier: Oregano minimizes the bad effects of meat consumption, as it helps lower cholesterol levels & is rich in precious fibers.
2) It is good for your E.V.O.O: Many traditional stews cook in Olive Oil, which is rich in monounsaturated fats. However these healthy fats are heat unstable and oxidize in cooking. Thanks to its antioxidants, good quality oregano extends olive oil's resistance to heat.
3) It loves Sardines: Season with oregano, lemon and olive oil. This pairing increases the intake of antioxidants and consequently protects the precious Omega-3 and Omega-6 of the fish.
4) It Aids digestion: The more you cook your tomatoes, the harder it gets for your stomach to digest them. Adding oregano to your spaghetti sauce brings a balance to the equation. The same applies for many legume soups!
5) It is Antioxidant: 1g Oregano has 42 times greater antioxidant capacity than the same quantity of apples, and 12 times more than oranges.
6) It never tastes the same!: Climatic conditions and geographical distribution play an immense role in herb quality. For instance Greek oregano outperforms the Spanish and Turkish varieties, as it contains a greater amount of essential oils, between 1.8/8.2 ml per 100g dry weight.
Packaging: Clear sachet
Ingredients: 100% Greek oregano